1 box GOLDEN CLOUD VANILLA CAKE MIX
125g butter or margarine, melted
2ml (¼ teaspoon) salt
30ml (2 tablespoons) chilled water
1 ¼ litre (4 ½ cups) milk
200g (1 cup) sugar
38ml (2 ½ tablespoons) GOLDEN CLOUD WHEAT CAKE FLOUR
38ml (2 ½ tablespoons) cornflour
2ml ( ¼ teaspoon) salt
5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
15ml (1 tablespoon) butter
Crushed candied sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 2 x 25cm pie dish.
- For the pastry; in a large bowl mix together all ingredients to form stiff dough. Press into pie dishes.
- Bake blind in the oven for 15 minutes, use wax paper to cover the pastry and place dry beans or rice over the paper to weight the pastry down.
- Remove paper and beans and cook pastry for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- For the filling: in a saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, Golden Cloud Cake Wheat flour, cornflour and salt.
- Slowly pour boiling milk into the mixture, whisk to mix.
- Return to the stove and cook stirring for 10-12 minutes on medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add butter and vanilla essence, mix through, pour mixture into cooked shell.
- Allow to cool in the fridge (you do not need to cook the tart any further). Sprinkle tops with cinnamon.
- Candied sugar: make as for spun sugar (for recipe see here) allow sugar syrup to set and crush into fine crumbs.