- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4.5 cups Golden Cloud Cake flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Grease a large bowl with cooking spray and set aside. Microwave milk In a small, microwave-safe bowl for 30-40 seconds. Add a teaspoon of sugar and stir to dissolve, then sprinkle over yeast and let sit until frothy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in yeast mixture, mix to combine, then add in dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until elastic. adding more flour if needed, about 5 minutes.
- Form the dough into a tight ball then place it in an oiled bowl and cover with a clean dish towel. Let dough rise in a warm spot in your kitchen until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Punch down dough, then turn onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out into a 1.5cm thick rectangle. Using a doughnut cutter or biscuit cutters, punch out your doughnuts. Re-knead scraps together and punch out as well.