Festive Macaron and Candy Wreath
By Chef Chewme
This Festive Macaron and Candy Wreath recipe is the perfect treat this festive season! These delicious macaroons and Beacon candy treats make the perfect edible wreath, whether it be at the dinner table or at the front door everyone is sure to be asking for more. Even better it is made from Nut Free flour!Why Nut Free flour?
Golden Cloud’s flour is nut free flour, one of the most common food allergies in the world is tree nuts and peanuts. That is why we ensured we give you a nut free flour that avoids using nut or being produced around nuts, giving you delicious treats, meals, and baked good
Prep time: 1 h 20minAssembly time: 5 min
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 5 Tbsp castor sugar
- ½ Cup Golden Cloud cake flour
- ½ Cup icing sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ Cup buttercream frosting, or any frosting of your choice
- 1 large red bow plus 3-4 small ones
- Beacon Liq O Dots
- Beacon Fruit Jubes
- Beacon Selection of Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate and Pralines
- 1-2 Beacon Heavenly Bubbles, melted
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add the egg whites to a mixing bowl and using and electric beater beat the egg white until frothy, then gradually add in the white sugar while beating. Beat until stiff peaks form. Sift the Golden Cloud cake flour and icing sugar into the egg white mixture, add the vanilla essence and gently fold all the ingredients together until combined.
- Add the batter into a piping bag with a rounded tip.
- Pipe individual rounds of about 1.5cm circumference leaving enough space between them onto the lined baking sheet.
- Gently tap the baking sheet on a flat surface a few times to release any air bubbles. Pop any air bubbles with a toothpick. This will create a smoother macaron, then set them aside to set for at least 30 minutes to form a skin on top.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C
- Bake the macarons for 17-20 minutes and then allow them to cool completely for a few minutes before placing them onto a cooking rack to cool completely. Place some buttercream/ frosting of your choice onto half of the macarons, then top with another macaron.
For the wreath:
- On a Baking tray lined with baking paper, pipe the melted Heavenly Bubbles in a circular motion to create a round boarder.
- While still soft, add the macarons and other Beacon treats onto the border to create the festive wreath leaving space for the bows.