Fudgy Festive Chocolate Brownies
● 3/4 cup unsalted butter
● 1 semi-sweet chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (110g)
● 2 cups granulated sugar
● 3 large eggs at room temperature
● 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
● 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
● 1 cup Golden Cloud Cake Flour
● 1 teaspoon salt
● Optional: 1 and 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 25cm square pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and half of the chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each until completely smooth.
- Whisk the sugar into the chocolate and butter mixture until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla when mixture is cool.
- Add the cocoa powder, Golden Cloud Cake Flour, salt, remaining chopped chocolate and the chocolate chips. Fold it all together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Batter will be very thick.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then test the brownies with a toothpick.
- If the toothpick comes out mostly clean, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan
- Remove the brownies from the pan before cutting into triangles and decorating.
- Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature.