2 X 80g BEACON milk chocolate, melted
500g GOLDEN CLOUD CHOCOLATE MUFFIN MIX
160ml (2/3 cup) sunflower oil
2 extra large eggs
190ml (¾ cup) milk
Chocolate butter icing:
125 butter, softened
130g (1 cup) icing sugar
45ml (3 tablespoons) cocoa powder
+ – 45ml (3 tablespoons) milk
Glace icing for drizzling top:
65g (½ cup) icing sugar mixed with
30ml (2 tablespoons) cold water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line 12-hole muffin pan with colourful paper cups.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate and butter.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool to lukewarm.
- Make cupcakes by mixing Golden Cloud Chocolate muffin mix,
oil, eggs, milk and melted chocolate together until smooth.
- Spoon into muffin tins coming up to 2/3 of the paper cup.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted
into cup cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and pipe rosettes
of chocolate icing.
- For the icing; using an electric or rotary beater,
beat together butter and vanilla.
Gradually beat in icing sugar and cocoa, add milk.
Beat until the icing is light and fluffy.