Festive Christmas Cakesicles
By Keshree Chundriah
- 1 Box Golden Cloud Cake Mix - Choc Mint Flavored with Icing Mix
- 150ml milk
- 100ml water
- 75ml Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 150g softened butter
- 45ml milk
- 3 slabs Beacon Heavenly Mint White Bubbles
- A few drops of green food coloring
- 1 slab Beacon Heavenly Milk Chocolate
- 1 packet Beacon Jelly Tots
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line the bottom of 2 20cm springform pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the Golden Cloud Cake Mix, milk, oil, water and eggs.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on a high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the 2 springform pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely in the pans.
- Once the cake has cooled, use you fingers and crumble the cake and set aside.
- For the icing, beat the butter till light and fluffy.
- Add in the icing mix and mix till well combined!
- Add in milk and mix.
- Add the icing to the crumbled cake and mix till well combined. Set aside.
- Place the Beacon Mint White Bubbles chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add in a few drops of green food coloring and mix till smooth and lump free.
- Add a spoonful of the melted chocolate to the silicone mould and use a paint brush to spread the chocolate around the mould.
- Pop an ice cream stick through the opening to clear any excess chocolate.
- Place the mould in the fridge for 3-5 minutes. Just long enough for the chocolate to harden.
- Full the mould with the cake and icing mixture. Press down to ensure all gaps are filled.
- Insert an ice cream stick through the opening and push it in till halfway.
- Place a layer of chocolate on top and use an offset spatula smooth out the top and clean up the edges.
- Place the filled mould in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate