Festive Shaker Cookies
By Keshree Chundriah
- 230g salted butter
- 245g Icing Sugar
- 460g Golden Cloud cake flour
- 1/2T vanilla extract
- 80ml milk
- 1 packet Beacon treats sparkles
- 50g icing sugar
- 1T milk
- Colourful sprinkles
- In a large bowl combine the icing sugar and butter. Mix for 4-5 minutes until light, pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the Golden Cloud cake flour, add in the vanilla extract and pour in half the milk.
- The milk is the binding agent, so you add a little by little until the dough comes together.
- Using a spatula, mix until the dough comes together .There’s no need to get your fingers dirty, the dough will come together as you mix with your spatula.
- You’ll know the dough is the right consistency to begin rolling when you’re able shape the mixture into a large ball using your spatula and your spatula remains clean, with no mixture stuck to it.
- The dough should be soft and not sticky.
- Using your hands, split the dough in half and shape into 2 large discs.
- Wrap each discs in cling film and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add a dusting on @goldencloudsa cake flour to a clean work surface.
- Place the dough in the middle of the floured work surface and dust a little more Golden Cloud cake flour over the top of the dough.
- Roll the the dough out to 5mm thickness and cut out the cookies using a floured cookie cutter. Use smaller sized floured cookie cutter to cut out the middle of the cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to the lined baking sheet and place a @beacontreats sparkle in the middle cut out of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely in the tray before moving to a baking rack.
- For the icing glue, combine the icing sugar and milk in a bowl and mix till smooth.
- Transfer the glue to a piping bag and snip the end.
- Take one cookie and spoon the sprinkles onto the colorful glass part.
- Pipe the icing glue onto the outer ring and place another cookie on top.
- Press down on the cookie sandwich and allow the icing glue to harden and seal.
Makes 20 cookies