Easter Trifle | Golden Cloud
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
Easter Trifle is a delightful dessert that is perfect for celebrating the Easter holiday. This traditional English trifle is made with layers of sponge cake, custard, jelly, fresh fruit, and whipped cream. The sponge cake is soaked in sherry or fruit juice, giving it a deliciously boozy flavour. The custard provides a rich and creamy texture, while the jelly and fruit add a burst of freshness and colour. The dessert is then topped with a generous layer of whipped cream and decorated with Easter-themed decorations like mini chocolate eggs, bunnies or chicks. This indulgent and festive dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any Easter gathering.
- 500g Golden Cloud Carrot Cake Mix
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 200ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 250g plain cream cheese
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1 ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1L vanilla custard
- 1 can caramel treat
- 1 cup crushed walnuts, gently toasted
- 8 Beacon Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs, cut into chunks
- 6 Beacon Easter Hens Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking sheet.
- Place the Golden Cloud carrot cake mix into a large bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, water and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the cake mix and add the wet ingredients. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Pour the mixture on the baking sheet and spread
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, whip the cream cheese and cardamom until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and gradually fold the cream into the cream cheese.
- In a small, stir the caramel treat until smooth.
- Break the cake sheet into pieces and place half at the base, add a layer of custard and top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Dollop the caramel treat over the cream cheese and use the tip of a knife or spoon to swirl through.
- Scatter over half of the walnuts and marshmallow eggs.
- Repeat the process, creating a second layer.
- Decorate with crushed and whole hens’ eggs.
- Serve and enjoy!