Golden Cloud |Diwali Recipes | Rose & Pistachio shortbread cookies
230g salted butter
245g Icing Sugar
460g @goldencloud cake flour
1t rose water
240g White baking
Crushed pistachios & rose petals for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl combine the icing sugar and butter. Mix for 4-5 minutes until light, pale and fluffy.
2. Sift in the Golden Cloud cake flour, add in the rose water and pour in half the milk.
3. The milk is the binding agent, so you add a little by little until the dough comes together.
4. Using a spatula, mix until the dough comes together .There’s no need to get your fingers dirty, the dough will come together as you mix with your spatula.
5. You’ll know the dough is the right consistency to begin rolling when you’re able shape the mixture into a large ball using your spatula and your spatula remains clean, with no mixture stuck to it.
6. The dough should be soft and not sticky.
7. Using your hands, split the dough in half and shape into 2 large discs.
8. The dough needs to be chilled in the fridge for 30 minutes.
9. I find it easier to prepare the dough for rolling at this time, so line a baking sheet with baking paper. Sift on a bit Golden Cloud cake flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the baking paper.
10. Place the dough in the middle of the flour dusted baking paper.
11. Dust a little more Golden Cloud cake flour over the top of the dough and place another sheet of baking paper over.
12. Cover the baking sheet with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
13. Preheat the oven to 160^C
14. Line a baking sheet with a perforated mat or baking paper.
15. Keep the dough between the sheets of baking paper and roll it out to 5mm thickness.
16. Remove the top layer of baking paper and cut out the cookies using a floured cookie cutter.
17. Transfer the cookies to the lined baking sheet and bake for 17-18 minutes.
18. Allow the cookies to cool completely in the tray before moving to a baking rack.
19. Melt the baking chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water. The water should only be 2cm high.
20. Melt the chocolate just until there are no large pieces of chocolate. Remove from the heat and mix well.
21. Dunk the cooled cookie in the melted chocolate. You can dunk the whole biscuit or half of it in the chocolate, the choice is yours.
22. Scrape off the excess chocolate on the bottom of cookie.
23. Add a sprinkling of crushed pistachios & rose petals and allow to set on a baking tray for 10 minutes.