1pkt (500g) GOLDEN CLOUD VANILLA MUFFIN MIX
30ml (2 tablespoons) poppy seeds
15ml (1 tablespoon) lemon zest
325ml (1 ¼ cups) soda water
1 large egg, lightly beaten
65g (¼ cup) butter, melted
65ml (¼ cup) maple Syrup
crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream
fresh mint sprigs
- In a bowl mix together Golden Cloud vanilla muffin mix,
poppy seeds and lemon zest.
Whisk together soda water, egg and melted butter in a small bowl;
gently whisk egg mixture into pancake batter.
(Mixture will be lumpy) Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Cook batter in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until golden
(about ¾ to 1 cup batter each).
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup and accompanied with crème fraîche
or ice cream.
- Decorate with Spun Sugar and mint sprigs. (see recipe for Spun Sugar below)
200g (1 cup) sugar
125ml (½ cup) water
To make Spun Sugar:
- Pour sugar and water into the saucepan.
Stir constantly over heat without boiling the mixture.
Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to the boil once
the sugar has dissolved. Boil rapidly without stirring until the mixture
turns light golden brown.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
You now have toffee mixture with which to create the spun sugar.
Using a metal spoon, drizzle the toffee mixture in a thin stream backward and forward
over a wooden spoon. Gather the strands and form into a ba