Spiced Vanilla Cupcakes with Liquorice Allsorts
By Nicole Snelling
- 500g Golden cloud vanilla flavoured cupcake mix
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml full cream milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 100g full Fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ Cup butter, room temperature
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Cups icing sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Liquorice Allsorts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 2x 12 cupcake pans with paper cups.
- Empty the premix into me medium-sized mixing bowl,
- Mix the milk, oil and eggs together and add to the premix and the spices.
- Using a spatula, blend until the ingredients are just combined.
- Mix with an electric beater for 1 minute (on high speed). Ensure that all the dry ingredients are mixed into the batter, by scraping off the sides of the bowl during mixing.
- Fill the cups ¾ full (approx. 1 ½ tablespoons) and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted through the centre.
- Remove from oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely.
- To make the frosting beat the cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and spices in a mixing bowl using an electric beater until well combined.
- Gradually add the icing sugar ½ Cup at a time until all the icing sugar is incorporated.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and pipe some frosting onto each cupcake.
- Top creatively with Beacon Liquorice Allsorts.