500 g GOLDEN CLOUD CHOC MINT MUFFIN MIX
125g (½ cup) butter
1 whole egg
3 egg yolks
45ml (3 tablespoons) ice cold water
3 egg yolks
190ml (¾ cup) milk
60g (¼ cup) sugar
30ml (2 tablespoon) Golden Cloud cake wheat flour
30ml (2 tablespoons) fresh cream
Topping: Strawberries, kiwi fruit, peaches or fruit of your choice
Glazing: 125ml (½ cup) All Gold smooth apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Generously grease 2 liter fluted ring cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove 1/3 cup filling for glaze; set aside. Freeze remaining filling for
- 15 minutes until thick like pudding.
- For the cake; in large bowl, stir together Golden Cloud Cappuccino muffin mix, water, oil and eggs, mix until well blended.
- Spoon half the batter into cake tin. Remove filling from freezer. Carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 5cm of pan edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 50 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from baking pan to a wire rack.
- Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze. (If too thick, microwave filling on High for 10 to 15 seconds using a microwavable small bowl.) Cool completely for about 1 hour.