Chocolate Sandwhich Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- ¾ soft salted butter
- 60g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g cornflour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 100g soft salted butter
- 140g icing sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 °. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cream the butter with the icing sugar until fluffy, then add vanilla essence and mix.
- Add sifted flour, cornflour and cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Roll the dough into 32 small balls.
- Transfer to a baking tray, leaving room between each ball. Flatten gently with a floured fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the custard filling, mix the butter and icing sugar in a bowl.
- In a jug or glass, whisk the custard powder with the milk, then add slowly to the butter and icing sugar, mixing continuously until the mix resembles icing.
- To assemble, spread a little icing onto half of the cookies, then sandwich together.
Makes 16. Baking instructions are a guideline only. Baking times may vary.