Golden Baker Search – Junior Edition
The Winning Recipe by - Ashika and Nisha
This Golden Cloud Winner baker recipe is the perfect cake and biscuit recipe for any occasion, now you can also bake like a winner in the comfort of your own home. Learn how to bake, delicious orange cake, biscuits topped with mouth-watering syrups, icing and treats.
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 4 Tblsp warm milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 4 Tblsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tblsp orange Zest (from around 4 oranges)
- 1 tsp orange essence
- 2 slabs chopped milk Chocolate
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 250 g butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1/4 cup maizena
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 8 cups icing sugar
- 6 Tblsp fresh cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the oven on 168 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare all tins for the cakes and biscuit.
- Add salt and vanilla, orange zest and orange essence to egg yolks (beat)
- Whip egg whites for 1 minute.
- Add sugar a little at a time until stiff peaks form (don’t overbeat).
- Add egg yolk mixture, slowly combine.
- Fold in flour, gently.
- Combine oil and milk, add small amount to batter, then mix rest and add, fold in all mixture.
- Pour into tin (lined with greaseproof paper)
- Tap to release bubbles, use a skewer in a circular motion from the middle to the edge of cake.
- Bake +/- 20-30 minutes at 168C, test with a skewer to check if done.
- Remove from tins.
- Cut a square out from the middle of one cake, around 10cm.
- Wrap both in cling wrap and put into the freezer, +/- 15 minutes.
Step 2 - Chocolate Ganache
- Heat cream until it just bubbles.
- Add to chocolate ensure you cover all the chocolate, leave for a few minutes.
- Mix until well combined and put in the freezer to cool in a flat large bowl.
Step 3 - Simple Syrup for Cakes to brush before icing
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Boil 1 – 2 minutes.
- Cool and use, you can add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed orange juice to it.
Step 4 - Chocolates
- Melt 2 White chocolate slabs and 2 milk chocolate slabs and use a paintbrush to coat into molds, place into the fridge to set.
White Chocolate and gold leaf
- Mix 100g pecan nuts in +-5 Tblsp Ganache
- Place in the chocolate shell, make it shallow for the marshmallow to fit
- Place a thin slice of marshmallow at the bottom and then seal with melted chocolate.
Milk Chocolate and brush gold paint – 1 stripe across the top. TV Bar
- Mix 5 Tblsp Nutella, 1 cup coco pops, ½ cup coconut and ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- Place in the chocolate shell and seal with melted chocolate.
Step 5 - Biscuit
Make 1 biscuit 0.5cm thickness
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll and cut into 20 x 20cm square shape on parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, maybe a few more minutes until crisp.
- Remove biscuit from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place biscuit with grease proof paper in freezer to cool further.
- Brush with Chocolate and place 20cm by 20cm piece of marble fondant on top, and put into freezer to set.
- Remove from freezer and decorate by sticking sparkles with icing.
- Pipe a border on top, place jelly tots.
- Write 2022 using gel purple colour and a paint brush on the bottom corner, this will be your chocolate box lid.
Step 6 - Vanilla icing
- Beat butter until creamy (+2min)
- Add all ingredients and beat at low for 30 seconds and at high for 1 minute.
- Check consistency.
- Add sugar or cream to adjust.
- Purple gel swirls (use skewer to dot gel purple colour all over the fondant to give marble effect in fondant), 2 pieces (1 x 20cm by 20cm for the biscuit lid (Use the biscuit to cut out the fondant) and 1 large one for the cake.
- Sprinkle simple syrup on the bottom layer, use piping bag to pipe the icing, then add the square frame cake layer, brush with simple syrup and icing then completely cover the cake in icing using the piping bag.
- Smoothen the icing, place on cake board and in freezer for a few minutes.
- Measure length and height of the sides of the cake and cut 4 panels in the fondant, attach to the cake.
- Measure the inside box and cut the fondant for the side wall panels and attach.
- Measure the entire top of the cake, cut a square fondant that size, measure the hole and cut out from the fondant, place the small square in the hole and place the frame on the top of the cake.
- Fill the 10cm square with as many chocolates and sweets as can fit, place biscuit on top to cover the chocolates.
- Pipe border around the bottom of the cake and place berry jelly tots.