Pecan Sandies Recipe
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 17 Minutes
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 cups Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 1½ cups roasted pecans, chopped/li>
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whole pecans, for garnish
- Cream together butter and sugars
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add flour, salt, and pecans and mix thoroughly.
- Place dough into the fridge and allow to chill for 20 minutes. Once the dough is chilled, separate into small balls and arrange on a prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press the balls with the bottom of a glass and place a whole pecan at the centre of each cookie
- Bake at 180 °C for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Makes 24 cookies. Baking instructions are a guideline only. Baking times may vary.