Rainbow Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Prep time: 40 Minutes
Cook time: 40 Minutes
- 1 Golden Cloud Vanilla Cake Mix
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 150ml Full cream milk
- 100ml Water
- 75ml Sunflower oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 500ml Strawberry ice cream
- Bake your vanilla cake as per the package instructions, adding the rainbow sprinkles to the batter before transferring to the cake tin. Once baked, allow to cool completely before placing in the freezer to chill.
- Allow your ice cream to soften at room temperature to make it spreadable and easier to work with.
- Line the bottom and sides of the same cake tin you used to bake your cake with baking paper, plastic wrap or acetate.
- Remove your cake from the freezer, cut it in half horizontally and place the bottom frozen cake layer into the prepared pan.
- Spread ice cream on top of the first cake layer. Place the second cake layer on top and press down gently.
- Cover the whole cake with plastic wrap and return it to the freezer until frozen solid.
- When it's time to serve, remove the cake from the pan and peel off the paper or plastic.
- Decorate as desired. Use a warm knife to cut clean slices when serving.
Serves 10. Baking instructions are a guideline only. Baking times may vary.