Reindeer Cake Pops
By Keshree Chundriah
- 300ml water
- 2 large eggs
- 150g softened butter
- 45ml milk
Chocolate coating :
- 3 slabs Beacon Heavenly Milk Chocolate
- 1 packet Beacon Jelly Tots
- Candy eyes
- Preheat the oven to 180^C. Grease and line the bottom of 2 20cm springform pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the Golden Cloud Cake Mix, water and eggs.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on a high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the 2 springform pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely in the pans.
- Once the cakes have cooled, use your fingers and crumble the cake, set aside.
- For the icing, beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the icing mix and mix until well combined!
- Add in milk and mix.
- Add the icing to the crumbled cake and mix until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Scoop out 30g balls, roll until smooth and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Dip the straws in a bit of melted chocolate before inserting into the cake balls.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Place the Beacon Heavenly Milk chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Mix till smooth and lump free.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a glass and dunk the cake pop into the melted chocolate until well coated.
- Place on the candy eyes, Jelly Tots nose and pretzel antlers
- Allow to set for 10 minutes.