Scones With Marshmallow Cream Recipe
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
- 3 cups Golden Cloud self-raising flour
- 80g butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Beacon pink and white mmmMallows
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until your mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in your flour and add 1 cup of milk.
- Mix gently until you have a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Be careful not to over knead the dough.
- Lightly dust a flat baking tray with flour.
- Form dough into a 2cm-thick round. Cut out rounds using a round cookie cutter.
- Place scones onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and well risen.
- While scones are baking, add marshmallows and honey to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Stir the marshmallows immediately and allow to cool.
- Remove scones from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm with jam and marshmallow cream.
Makes 16 Scones. Baking instructions are a guideline only. Baking times may vary.