S’more Cake Pops
By Nicole Snelling
Golden Cloud’s Cake Pops recipe is the perfect and delicious treat for the whole family! Using Golden Cloud’s Chocolate Mix, mouth-watering Beacon marshmallows and chocolates and edible gold dust to top it off!
- 1 box Golden Cloud chocolate mix
- 300ml water or coffee (made with 1 heaped teaspoon of instant coffee and left to cool for 15 minutes)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chocolate frosting/icing (made from cake kit)
- 150g Beacon pink and white marshmallows, halved
- 160g Beacon milk chocolate, melted coconut-based biscuits, cut into 4
- Red and white colored paper straws
- Edible gold dust or glitter to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Generously grease and lightly flour a sheet/rectangular cake tin. When using a non-stick cooking spray, ensure that the pan is sprayed well.
- Empty the cake mix into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix the liquids and eggs together and add to the premix.
- Using a spatula, blend until the ingredients are just combined.
- Mix with an electric beater for 2 minutes (on high speed). Ensure that all the dry ingredients are mixed into the batter, by scraping off the side of the bowl during mixing.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean wen inserted through the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownie to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely. Crumble the cake into bread crumb consistency. Add the icing and mix to combine.
- Using your hands roll some balls, just smaller than a golf ball, place the paper straw into each ball and place into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, place half a marshmallow on top and place back into the fridge for the chocolate to set.
- Optional: toast the marshmallow using a blow torch and place a biscuit on top.
- Dust each cake pop with some edible dust/glitter before serving.