Decadent Easter Choc-Mint Table Topper Cake | Golden Cloud
Time: 2 hours
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
This Decadent Easter Choc-Mint Table Topper Cake is a rich and indulgent dessert that is perfect for celebrating Easter. The cake features layers of moist chocolate cake and a creamy mint buttercream frosting that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Topped with chocolate ganache and decorated with Easter eggs and other festive treats, this cake will be the centrepiece of your holiday table.
- 4x Beacon Bunny Hollow Egg
- 80g Beacon White Chocolate
- 1 box Golden Cloud Choc-Mint Flavoured Cake
- 150ml milk
- 100ml water
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- Golden Cloud chocolate flavoured icing mix
- 150g butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 x 80g Beacon Milk Chocolate
- 6 Beacon Easter Hens Eggs
- 4 Beacon Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, melt two Beacon Bunny Hollow Eggs in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Melt the beacon white chocolate in a separate bowl
- Spread the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet, swirl the white chocolate into the melted chocolate. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare two 20cm cake tins.
- Empty the cake mix into a medium sized mixing bowl
- In a jug, whisk together the milk, water, oil and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the cake mix and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into the two cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool completely
- In the meantime, make the icing by whisking the butter until light and fluffy
- Add the icing mix gradually and beat until icing is thick, and the milk a little bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Once the cakes have cooled, sandwich the two layers of cake using 1/3 of the icing. Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides until smooth.
- Melt the Beacon Milk Chocolate and spoon over the cake, pushing over the edges to create a dripping effect.
- Remove the chocolate sheet from the freezer and break into bark pieces
- Decorate the cake with the two remaining hollow eggs, chocolate bark, a few hens eggs and marshmallow eggs.