250ml all purpose Golden Cloud Flour
125ml Golden Cloud Semolina
125ml Milk Powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp whole fennel (optional)
250ml Cup Water
Clarified Butter or Sunflower Oil for shallow frying
For sugar syrup:
250 ml Water
Few strands of Saffron
1 tsp Cardamom powder
-Toasted Almonds and Cashews
-Rabri (Indian inspired Custard)
1. Put sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil for approximately 15min. Add saffron and cardamom. Keep syrup warm until ready to use.
2. Dry roast nuts and leave aside
3. Sift flour & baking powder. Add semolina, fennel and Cardamom and Milk Powder.
4. Add water in stages to form a smooth and pourable pancake batter. Leave aside for 30min before frying.
5. Heat oil/ghee in shallow pan
6. Pour one small ladle of batter into hot oil and fry till golden brown
7. Drain and soak in sugar syrup
8. Top with nuts and serve with Rabri (Rabri Recipe can be provided if required)