Cappuccino Ring Cake
1 packet (1kg) GOLDEN CLOUD CAPPUCCINO MUFFIN MIX
250ml (2 cups) buttermilk
250ml (1 cup) sunflower oil
250ml (1 cup) chocolate chips
190ml (¾ cup) whipping cream
5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Generously grease 2 liter fluted ring cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove 1/3 cup filling for glaze; set aside. Freeze remaining filling for
- 15 minutes until thick like pudding.
- For the cake; in large bowl, stir together Golden Cloud Cappuccino muffin mix, water, oil and eggs, mix until well blended.
- Spoon half the batter into cake tin. Remove filling from freezer. Carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 5cm of pan edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 50 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from baking pan to a wire rack.
- Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze. (If too thick, microwave filling on High for 10 to 15 seconds using a microwavable small bowl.) Cool completely for about 1 hour.
Makes 1 cake