1 box GOLDEN CLOUD CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX
120g (1 cup) GOLDEN CLOUD CAKE WHEAT FLOUR
4 large eggs, room temperature
125g (½ cup) margarine, melted
5ml (1 teaspoon) coffee essence
190ml (¾ cup) chopped nuts
190ml (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together Golden Cloud cake mix and cake wheat flour. Make a well in the centre, add eggs, margarine and coffee essence. Using an electric mixer or rotary beater, beat until dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- On a lightly floured board, divide dough into two halves. Roll each half into a log about 5cm in diameter.
- Roll each log gently to the edge of the board and then transfer onto a baking sheet.
- Flatten the top of each cookie log until it is about 8cm wide. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees C.
- Gently slide one cookie log onto a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each log across the width into 10cm slices.
- Place cookies cut side down back onto the baking sheet and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.