Chocolate Christmas Tree Brownies
By Nicole Snelling
- 1 box Golden Cloud chocolate cake mix
- 300ml water or coffee (made with 1 heaped teaspoon of instant coffee and left to cool for 15 minutes)
- 2 large eggs
- 80g Beacon Midnight velvet chocolate, chopped
- 1 Cup green butter icing
- Jelly Tots
- 1 packet of Beacon sweets of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a sheet/rectangular cake tin. When using a non-stick cooking spray, ensure that the pan is sprayed well.
- Empty the cake mix into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix the liquids and eggs together and add to the premix.
- Using a spatula, blend until the ingredients are just combined.
- Mix with an electric beater for 2 minutes (on high speed). Ensure that all the dry ingredients are mixed into the batter, by scraping off the sides of the bowl during mixing. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the grasped pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean when inserted through the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownie to cool in the pan for 10. Minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Stack the brownies into a Christmas tree shape and decorate with Jelly tots and Beacon sweets of your choice.