Savoury Pancake Roll-Ups
250 ml Golden Cloud Flapjack/Pancake Mix
30 ml sesame seeds
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
125 ml warm water
125 ml milk
5 ml sesame seed oil
1 egg, beaten
Sunflower oil for frying
250 g cream cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
70 ml chopped chives
45 ml pickled ginger, chopped roughly
200 grams of your favourite savoury fillings.
Wild rocket leaves
- Mix the sesame seeds and black pepper into the dry Golden Cloud Flapjack/Pancake Mix.
- Add the water, milk, sesame seed oil and egg and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a small non-stick frying pan and add enough batter to cover the base of the pan.
- Fry until pancake appears dry on top, flip over and fry until golden and cooked.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the cream cheese between the pancakes and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle with ginger, chives and your favourite savoury filling and season to taste. Roll each pancake like a Swiss roll.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of extra black pepper and wild rocket leaves.
Optional: Wrap rolled pancakes in cling wrap, refrigerate for at least one hour. Cut into 2 cm slices, discarding uneven ends and serve at room temperature.