Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cook time: 12 - 16 Minutes
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups Golden Cloud Cake flour/li>
- 80g Beacon chocolate slab, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Heat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, icing sugar and vanilla with a spoon.
- Stir in flour until mixture forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough 2cm thick on a lightly floured surface and cut into shapes by hand or using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies at least 2cm apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Immediately transfer the shortbread to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt chopped chocolate and coconut oil uncovered for 1 to 2 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate. Place on baking paper until the chocolate is set.
Makes 48 Cookies. Baking instructions are a guideline only. Baking times may vary.