Coconut Cake with Toasted Coconut Flakes
Welcome to the Golden Cloud, where you'll find an array of delicious and easy-to-make recipes! Today, we're sharing our scrumptious coconut cake recipe with toasted coconut flakes. This tropical delight will transport you to paradise and make you the star of any gathering. Let's get baking!
Ingredients for Coconut Cake
- 3 cups Golden Cloud cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Ingredients for Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
Preparing the Coconut Cake
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans, then line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Golden Cloud all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the coconut milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the sweetened shredded coconut, then divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Toasting the Coconut Flakes
- While the cakes are cooling, spread the unsweetened coconut flakes onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) and toast the coconut flakes for 5-8 minutes, or until they turn golden brown. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn quickly. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
Assembling the Coconut Cake
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a generous layer of your favourite frosting (coconut, vanilla, or cream cheese frosting works well) on top of the cake.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting, and spread frosting over the entire cake, including the sides.
- Press the toasted coconut flakes gently onto the frosted sides and top of the cake.
Enjoy Your Coconut Cake with Toasted Coconut Flakes
Your tropical-inspired coconut cake with toasted coconut flakes is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it as a delightful dessert at your next party or family gathering, and watch everyone savour its irresistible flavours.
Love this recipe? Explore more delicious and easy-to-make recipes on the Golden Cloud website!