Rocky Road Chocolate Brownie Baskets | Golden Cloud
Time: 50 minutes
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
Rocky Road Chocolate Brownie Baskets are a delicious dessert that combines the rich and fudgy texture of brownies with the crunchy and nutty flavours of rocky road. The dessert consists of small chocolate baskets made out of brownie batter, filled with a mixture of marshmallows, nuts, and chocolate chips. The baskets are then baked until they are crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. These decadent treats are perfect for a special occasion or as a sweet indulgence.
- 1 ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 1 cup mmmMallows Marshmallow Eggs
1 cup mmmMallows Whippy Marshmallow Eggs
- 1 ½ peanuts, roughly chopped
- Beacon Hen's Eggs - broken
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a cupcake tin with baking spray/butter.
- Combine the butter and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and whisk. Repeat the process 2 more times. Though granules of sugar will remain but the mixture will be glossy.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly then add the eggs one at a time.
- Whisk until the mixture is light in colour
- Add the cocoa, salt, vanilla essence and flour until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cupcake tin and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Cut the mmmMallows Marshmallow Eggs into small pieces
- Remove the Brownies from the oven and press gently with the back of a spoon to create a hollow/nest shape
- Top with the marshmallows and peanuts
- Turn the oven onto grill and place the brownie back in the oven, bake until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove the Brownies for the oven and cool. Top with broken Hen's Eggs and serve!